Picchi Brothers Foundation Prize – Faculty of Medicine
Opens: 1 May 2022
Closed: 23 May 2022
Study Level: Graduate Research
Enrolment status: Current student
Origin: Foundation donation
Fund source: Perpetual Trust (UOM)
The Picchi Brothers Foundation and The University of Melbourne are pleased to announce the launch of a new student prize.
Three prizes of $10,000.00 each will be awarded to eligible current or recent Masters by Research or PhD degree students of the University of Melbourne’s Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.
Applicants must be
- Currently enrolled in Masters by Research or PhD degree student of the University of Melbourne’s Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences;
- A recent Masters by Research or PhD degree graduate of the Faculty who has graduated in an area directly relevant to cancer research within “two years prior to each year’s application closing date” (career interruptions should be specified)
- Have submitted and presented an original abstract to a scientific meeting or submitted a full paper for publication
- Be responsible for the major components of the research
The selection committee will assess applicants for the Prize based on:
- Scientific Quality (50%)
- Significance and Innovation (25%)
- Career development of applicant (25%)
Applicants are required to submit the following documents as one PDF by email to email@example.com
- A copy of the original conference abstract or published journal article
- The abstract of the scholar’s M-RES, M Phil, Doctoral Thesis or an expanded abstract of the work to be considered (2-page maximum)
- A 2-page (maximum) track record including career disruptions
- Publications for the preceding 5 years.
The selection committee will use these materials to assess and rank applicants. They may also conduct interviews with applicants to best support clear and transparent selection processes.
Applications now closed for 2022
Enquiries via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: The recipient must agree to be profiled in University of Melbourne and Picchi Brothers Foundation Inc’s publications and websites.
FACULTY: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Medical School: Biomedical Sciences; Psychological Sciences: Population and Global Health; Health Sciences; Dental School